(HopeCenter volunteers try to salvage items from floodwater in Hollister, MO)
Ok, here is an excellent opportunity to help Missouri’s flood victims! Hope Center Food and Clothing Bank has experienced almost a total loss of food inventory, clothing, carpet, and sheetrock. Here is chance to lend a hand so that they can continue to distribute food, clothing and love to people who are living in desperate circumstances.
Here is how you help:
1) Donate food to the Emergency StoreHouse location (190 Cross Creek Blvd. Branson, MO 65616): Canned goods, ready-to-eat meals (like Lunchables), juice, lunch items, ground beef, peanut butter, jelly, etc.
2) Donate household and toiletry items such as: infant diapers in all sizes, hygiene products (toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, razors, etc.), new towels, blankets, etc, dishwashing and laundry detergent.
3) Donate very gently worn clothing for infants-children-teens-adults. Items that you would take pride in wearing yourself.
4) Donate money to the flood relief fund so supplies can be bought that are needed, cover staffing costs, and find a new home for the pantry. You can do this on this website, or by mail PO Box 675 Branson, MO 65615. “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.” Proverbs 19:17. All financial contributions are tax-deductible, and you will receive a receipt for your giving at year end.
5) (If you live in the Branson area) Inform us if you know of/or have a vacant building we can use that is over 3000sq ft. Building supplies can also be used like lumber, carpet, sheetrock, paint and shelving to rebuild once a permanent location is secured. Donations of property can even be used as a tax deduction.
6) Donate durable goods such as commercial wire or steel food shelving and clothing racks.
7) Pray for us. “Pray for one another that you might be healed.” James 5:16